Georgetown Plastic Surgery is pleased to offer the very best body contouring techniques to the greater Georgetown area.
How does body contouring work?
Body contouring employs a combination of procedures to remove excess, sagging skin that results from aging or significant weight loss. This procedure gets rid of skin and tissues that lack elasticity and no longer conform to your body size. Dr. Staebel will begin by cutting away the excess skin and then uses liposuction to dissolve unwanted fat from target areas of the body. Incision sizes vary, depending on the location and amount of excess skin and tissue removed, but you can be sure every effort will be made to reduce the appearance of incision lines. The results of body contouring are visible immediately; however, it may take some time for final results to fully develop. Overall results are long lasting, provided you maintain your general fitness and a stable weight.
What benefits can I expect from body contouring?
Body contouring at Georgetown Plastic Surgery can sculpt the following body areas to be more aesthetically appealing:
• Upper arms that sag and appear loose and full
• Breasts that are flat and hang with nipples pointed downward
• An abdominal area that extends around the sides and into the lower back area
• Buttocks, groin and thighs that sag with hanging pockets of skin
Am I a good candidate for body contouring?
You are a good candidate for body contouring if:
• Your weight is stabilized and not expected to change significantly
• You are healthy and do not have medical conditions that can impair healing or increase risk of surgery
• You are a non-smoker
• You have a positive outlook and realistic goals for what body contouring can accomplish
During an initial consultation with Dr. Staebel, you will discuss your medical history and your goals for seeking body contouring surgery. The cosmetic professionals at Georgetown Plastic Surgery are very skilled and have an excellent safety record with stunning results. Contact us today for a consultation.